This is an extended exam, not in connection with any illness or injury, done annually to review all aspects of your health and wellness. After a thorough physical examination, I will discuss any current medical issues and, as appropriate, any psychological or social issues in your life. We will review a battery of screening lab tests and imaging as appropriate for your age and gender. All lab tests will be done at our office and billed directly to your insurance. Furthermore, this visit will include screening and recommendations for proper nutrition and exercise to encourage weight control and a healthier lifestyle.
- Comprehensive medical history and physical exam
- Comprehensive lab assessments
- Comprehensive Biomarker Assessments
- Anthropometric, Fitness and Metabolic Assessment
- Outcome Driven Therapeutic Protocols
- Full body skin exam
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Chest X-Ray (when clinically indicated)
- Pulmonary function assessment (spirometry testing)
- Hearing test and vision screening
- Written summary of results
- Phone consultation with your Physician to review results
- Related health educational materials
To screen for a number of potential cardiac issues including irregular rhythms, enlargement of the chambers, mineral imbalances in the blood and detection of damage to the heart muscle.
…to screen for lung cancer, infection, and other lung diseases (for those individuals where it is clinically indicated
Spirometry to measure lung function. This pulmonary function test specifically measures the amount (volume) and/or speed (flow) of air that can be inhaled and exhaled.
Hearing Test and Vision Screening
Hearing (audiometry) test and vision screening using the Snellen Chart are performed to asses current vision and hearing levels to determine if a more in depth evaluation of these functions is necessary.
…the Executive Physical program staff will collect all exam, laboratory and test results and produce a health/physical report designed to assess your health and well being. This report will be delivered to you within five business days of your visit.
Comprehensive Health Assessment and Physical Examination
Comprehensive Lab Assessments: Complete blood analysis, including cholesterol profile and urinalysis will be conducted. The following laboratory tests are included when indicated
- Urinalysis to detect kidney disease, bladder disease, and infection
- CBC with differential to detect anemia, blood diseases, and infection
- Complete chemistry profile to detect kidney disease, diabetes, and liver disease
- Lipid panel to view a complete profile of blood cholesterol levels
- Thyroid stimulating hormone to detect an under or overactive thyroid
- C-reactive protein to detect an inflammatory marker that may signify risk for coronary artery disease
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) to detect prostate cancer or prostate enlargement. This test is sometimes indicated for males over the age of 40 or those with a significant family history.
- Hemoglobin A1C to evaluate lifetime risk of acquiring diabetes, a multi-factorial disease that is influenced by both genetics and lifestyle choices, including diet and activity level
- Vitamin D to evaluate levels of this steroid hormone that is important for healthy bones and may also have implications for immune system and cardiovascular system functions